Consign With Us
Donations are appreciated and graciously accepted at any time during regular business hours, which are 9-4 Monday through Friday and 10-4 on Saturday. There's no need to wait in line, all donations can be dropped off at our business office. There is no charge to pick-up donated items of furniture.
NEW CONSIGNMENTS HOURS:
A little attention before coming may save disappointment at acceptance.
1. Before loading your car on consignment day, please call 955-7859 and simply dial 1 for an update on what will be accepted for consignment. It is our best source for letting you know what will be accepted on any given day due to such situations as temporary overstock.
2. Please Note: Miscellaneous, jewelry (Friday Only) consignments are accepted every Tuesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Artwork consignments are accepted on Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Clothing and accessories are accepted from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Linen consignments, including luggage is the 2nd Wednesday of every month. All items must be clean and in perfect condition. Clothing is to be ironed, stylish and hung on hangers.
IMPORTANT - Please refer to the WEX consignment calendar for exceptions. NOTE: Due to lunch, consignments will not be accepted between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.
3. A signed contract is required prior to consigning any of your items with the Woman's Exchange. Contracts are available at the Business Office Monday through Friday between 9:00 am - 3 pm; a consignment number will be assigned to you at that time. If you choose to email your contract instead, please make sure you fill it out completely and that each page is signed and dated prior to emailing it to email@example.com. A copy of the contract is at the bottom of this page.
4. Prior to arriving at the Woman’s Exchange, it is important that you label each item with your account number using a ballpoint pen and a piece of beige masking tape that is approximately 1” long. This helps to ensure that your consignments are properly credited to your account. Do to the fact that we see and average of 200 to 300 consigners per consignment day, we ask that you mark your items prior to arriving at the Exchange. The Woman's Exchange does not provide masking tape for this purpose.
5. For higher price jewelry, clothing and miscellaneous items, please call 955-7859 for an appointment.
6. Consignors receive 65% of the sale price, the remaining 35% goes to support the Woman’s Exchange and the arts of Sarasota and Manatee counties. Due to high volume, items are not priced at the time of consignment, and will be priced within 30 days of consigning.
7. When registering, please make sure you provide an email address so that you can access what has been sold in your account by clicking on the consignor login button on our home page. It’s an easy way to keep track of how much money you will be receiving at the end of the month when checks are processed.
8. Checks are mailed by the 15th of each month for items sold the previous month.
9. If the amount owed is under $10, a check will not be processed at the end of the month. Anything under $10 will remain in your account and added to your next consignment payout.
10. Get a head start on a great consignment day! In our continuing effort to better serve our consignors, our new web site now features ready-to-print consignment slips that you may fill out at home so that when you pull up at the Woman’s Exchange with your items you are completely ready to get right in line. We hope you’ll make use of this new opportunity to make your consignment day better than ever!